Monday 11 February 2013




In relation to my previous research i began experimenting with the idea of removing or editing photos in which the inclusion of myself appeared in. I wanted to experiment with the idea that someone can become distorted or seen differently due to their use of technology and the impact in which it has on them as a person as well as how they are known and interact socially. I wanted it to symbolize the way in which real and true personalities of people can become distorted and reworked into something fake and unnatural almost as though the real person is lost behind a programmed and edited portrail of themselves.

I did this by using old photographs of myself and distorting the facial features of a chosen person, which in this case was myself  I wanted the images to be very stereotypical photographs for example with a group of friends or family, somewhere classic and original which when edited created a good effect, highlighting and creating clear and obvious change within the image, resulting in a clear division between altered and reality.Id really like to continue this by using old family photographs which i could scan then work on top of, i would also like to use other people within my works editing and reworking other aspects alongside, but still following the same theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment