Saturday 9 February 2013



I decided to experiment with using wires within my shots, as i was finding photoshopping them into the photograph to be too difficult. These photos were taken in my kitchen using self timer and a tripod stand. I wanted to capture a sort of control and power effect from a technology source through the use of wires similar to the images seen in earlier researched photographer Brooke Shaden.

 Within these photographs i used the wires as an almost live object seen suspending the human figure as though all control and resistance has been lost by the human involved. Personally when i began doing these photographs i found the overall process to become very basic and plain leaving me with images which didn't have or display the effect i wanted. The images also became too difficult to produce resulting in repetitiveness, for example having the same positioning became almost impossible to recreate. Doing so has made me realize that my initial ideas would be something very hard to produce especially if i was to use other people alongside, yet i would still like to continue with the same theme and meanings yet maybe create it in a different way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment