Thursday 14 February 2013

http://www.jessicadimmockphotography.com/projects/the-ninth-floor/

I really like this work by Jessica Dimmock, titled "Ninth Floor"as it follows three drug addicts around New York city. The series of photographs capture not only their never ending struggle with a drug addiction but also displays their relationships, lifestyle choices and overall way of life. The photos are an intimate insight into the life and decisions of drug users exploring the highs and lows which accompany it. 




 Although this series of work has no relation to technology as such, i felt that by reascehing into something such as addiction would help me as guidance for my own work. I wanted to look more into the daily lifestyle, activities, appearance, movements, body image,environments and surroundings in which such people live in and less on the actual drugs themselves as within my own work i would like to recreate such images yet replace the drugs with technology based objects. I think that it is a great example of addiction photography as it gives me a wide range of examples to work from and view.  

No comments:

Post a Comment